Monday, May 26, 2014

Who I Am

Hello, I hope if you're reading this you are having a good day or evening.  Allow me to introduce myself and what this blog is all about.  I am a person who loves to encourage others and have found out I can also encourage myself.  Whether you have a child or you are a teen, an adult or senior citizen, I want to help you find ways to follow your dreams.  I have a passion for encouraging others and I have been told I should take that passion to the next level and this blog is for that purpose. 

In 2006, I had a mini-stroke.  It was a total shock to me, my family and my friends.  I had always been pretty healthy and a non-smoker.  The doctor thought it could be stress as my older son had been deployed but it was actually brought on by MCTD, a mixed connective tissue disorder involving lupus. 

I made it my mission to set my dreams in motion and that is what I am doing.  I have a book of poetry out and I have several others in different genres in editing mode.  Even more, though, I have a great connection with both children and seniors and my major goal is to show them that they can follow their dreams, too.  I didn't publish my book until a couple of years ago.  I have been published in a couple of magazines recently.  I found out I could do it.  All I had to do was reach out and try, but there was also still another motivation.

I had someone to encourage me: my wonderful husband.  This is why I feel such a great passion to encourage others.  I learned firsthand feeling supported has made a positive difference in meeting my goals in life. 

I will be posting on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.  I look forward to getting to know you and if you have any questions, feel free to email me at monica_newton_writer@yahoo.com.  Have a great and blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment